Total input of ships' entrances or clearances in the database
The ANR PORTIC program aims to cross-check data on maritime transport and the balance of trade in France at the eve of the Revolution to better understand the spatial and economic dynamics at work, which resulted in increasingly integrated markets. To do this, we provide access to interactive queries and data visualization interfaces adapted to different audiences and interests.
Views 5,910 , 4 views today
Input of new data on shipping
Check of data input
Geolocation of ports of call
This site presents:
- the sources we exploited
- the degree of uncertainty that characterizes them
- the way to deal with such uncertainty especially in visualizations
You will also find information on:
- our publications and presentations
- links to similar projects
Moreover, the website will progressively provide access to:
- the possibility to query the database and produce visualizations according to your research concerns.
- serious games and fun applications for younger and more mature audiences.
- interactive case studies.